Canon 7D vs. Nikon D7000...and bonus: Warranty Annoyances!

Started Oct 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
river251
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
Re: Canon 7D vs. Nikon D7000...and bonus: Warranty Annoyances!
In reply to Chikubi, Dec 1, 2012

Chikubi wrote:

river251 wrote:

How do you suggest a beginner know what they need and buy the camera that has that? I read your articles, and it doesn't have the answers. It has your preferences, but it does not give factual information that allows a beginner to know what their preferences will turn out to be. More importantly, it does not give objective information that will let a beginner figure out what they need. That's what all the millions of posts here are about, trying to figure that out, whether features matter, etc etc.

Jim

The cold hard truth is that you're a beginner, so it doesn't matter what you buy because you don't have enough experience to make full use of even the most basic camera. Therefore go and buy something, anything, and start shooting. Then while you're shooting start paying attention to what the camera will and won't do for you - in other words, where does it get in the way of what you want to achieve, and where does it make things particularly easy. Use that knowledge to choose your next camera, then repeat as needed. It's only your first camera, not your last. Worrying about getting the latest and greatest features when you have zero experience is as futile as trying to decide what suspension bushings you need when you only just got your learner's permit.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the fact is that photography is an experience game and nothing more. It's all subjective and completely relative only to the person involved. You can read all the objective information that you want, but if you don't have enough experience to make heads or tails of it, it's simply chaff in the wind. Buy a camera. Take pictures. Gain experience. Adjust accordingly based on your preferences.

-- hide signature --

www.emasterphoto.com
www.flickr.com/photos/emasterphoto/

Well I think that's sort of what I'm saying. I don't know what I need. I have looked around enough to know that I really want resolution, as I plan on doing landscapes. But beyond looking for a camera that is good at high resolution, and low light (my big complaint about my Canon point and shoot), I agree, I don't know what sorts of lenses I'll need, either.

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow