ACDSee 6.0

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 30,571
Like?
Re: 1+ agree
In reply to english_Wolf, Dec 1, 2012

english_Wolf wrote:

Yes. I had it confirme3d by the tech support. I first thought the setting had moved to some weird menu and looked all over for it THEN e-mailed tech support:

The answer:

Robert,
Thank you for your answer but this the most insane 'progress' this program offers.
To force a operating system wide that concerns all documents and program files (not counting system) is really strange and rather ridiculous.
This is not because I do want to use the 'confirm' in a program that I want it applied system wide for reason that should be obvious as each situation is different. I do not know who made this suggestion to your company but you can congratulate the one that made it become true for being the most idiotic 'removed' option.
Please void my purchase, kill my registration and refund my pre-purchase order.
Thank you.
On 9/27/2012 10:38 AM, ACD Systems Support wrote:
> __________________________________
> Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *Jacques Vigneron*
> *Subject:* ACD Systems & Delete
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SEP 27, 2012 | 08:38AM PDT
> *Robert* replied:
> Dear Jacques,
>
> ACDSee inherits the behavior of your Window's OS settings. ACDSee Pro 6 and
> ACDSee 15 will use what is currently set at the OS level.
>
> To change this setting, go to your recycle bin properties dialog and turn off
> the option.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

Your letter above is not written very clearly! I have Vs 6 and had not noticed any difference. Highlight image or images, hit Delete. Job done.

Jules

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow