Need a Relifable memory card for GH3 in anticipation future hack.

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
MarcusBrody
Regular MemberPosts: 314Gear list
Like?
Re: Need a Relifable memory card for GH3 in anticipation future hack.
In reply to Dphotog, Dec 1, 2012

Dphotog wrote:

MarcusBrody wrote:

Dphotog wrote:

As of lately Ive been eyeing SanDisk 32gig or the 64gig version. I heard rumors about the 64 gig SDXC version crashing and wanted to hear your thoughts on Awesome reliable SD cards for the GH3. I mostly do video but doing alot of photography too.

I wouldn't really worry about it too much right now. One of the guys who has created some of the best patches for the GH2 seems to be really high on the GH3s codec and notes that it works on all class 10 cards. If we get a GH3 hack, it might be more about unlocking some controls and functionalities rather than pure bitrate improvement.

If I were you, I'd just buy a number of 32GB class 10 cards now (they're fairly cheap these days) and only worry about super fast cards if the GH3 someday needs them.

I got my comfirmed shipment from B&H of the camera this morning, So I ordered the SanDisk Extreme Pro 32gig. Can't wait to try it out along with everything else I bought...Now its a question of what lens to get next...One lens will not do... 17.5 .95 Voigtlander

If video is your thing, I'd buy a few more. 32 GB will fill up faster than you imagine with the new codec. If it were me, I'd probably by a standard class 10 card (I've had fine luck with Transcend) as you can buy 3+ for the same price as the extreme pro.  Well maybe I'd buy one first and test it with the GH3, but everything I've read says that the new All I codec should write just fine to such cards. And you already have one Extreme Pro to test out higher bit rates if it is hacked.

MarcusBrody's gear list:MarcusBrody's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow