Started Dec 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,638Gear list
Like?
I have my GH3 & Testing is under way!
Dec 1, 2012

I got my GH3 today and I have been setting it up all day. I have learned a ton of stuff already. I have the wifi working with Lumix Link on Android. I sent images to facebook(I know FB is the devil), I shot resolution chart videos for all video modes. I have played with the remote viewing and it will work perfectly for streaming images of Space to my kid's Kindle fires while they are inside out of the cold.

I have also confirmed the EVF issue. It is real and I will post videos as soon as I can that show it. It looks almost like a wide angle lens fisheye effect if you look off center. The GH2 has this as well but to a much lesser extent.

Now this isn't something to totally freak out about. The EVF on the GH3 simply isn't as good as the one on the GH2. It could be that it is easier to get your face against the GH2 or maybe it is just better.

I had never used the EVF on the GH2 until I tried it today. I simply don't see the need for it. I frame with the LCD always. However, I understand that the EVF is essential for some people. I will work on finding a solution for this.

However, I wouldn't jump out and get a GH3 if you are unable to use the LCD the majority of the time. Simply put I think the EVF on the GH3 is useless.

There are also some other interesting things like they removed the Auto ISO function from Shutter priority and Program Priority movies but added manual ISO control during recording.

The Auto and Intelligent ISO bug is completely fixed with the GH3. It is completely usable in Program Priority mode now.

Auto ISO and Intelligent ISO now go up to ISO 6400. However, it is limited to ISO 1600 with the electronic shutter.

The mechanical shutter is still too loud on the GH3. I wish I could use ISO 3200 or 6400 with the Electronic Shutter.

Please be patient with wanting more information. I will probably stay up all night getting the video ready and I have several different events I have to shoot tomorrow after staying up for about 36 hours straight.

Anyway, I love my new GH3(and LX7) and I am selling my GH2 as soon as I finish the reviews. The resolution of the 1080p videos on the GH3 is simply just amazing.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow