Recent work...

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
JeffHallPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Post processing...
In reply to Klaus dk, Dec 1, 2012

Hi Klaus-

I approach post processing as a question of what, if anything, can I do to improve the SOOC image. That can include:

1. Removing distractions: blemishes, unnecessary objects in background, over bright objects in the background, stray hairs, etc.

2. Correcting and improving: white balance, saturation, contrast, brightness, sharpness, blur, skin tone, blotchiness, shadows, highlights, etc.

3. Composition: cropping, straightening, etc.

and much more...

To accomplish this I use Capture NX2, Photoshop CS5, Portraiture, Topaz Simplify, Topaz Adjust, and possibly other apps.

Photos can range from ones that only need a quick tonal adjust, to ones that require hours of blemish removal, hair repair, cloning, content fill, masking, localized gaussian blur, and so on. Recently I've been approached more and more often by parents who have taken their own portraits of their kids, or who have gotten photos from friends who took the pictures, and who need massive help in getting their photos "fixed". If it's someone who I know has little income, I'll charge a nominal fee for repairing a bad shot. If it's someone who could have just paid for a professional portrait to begin with, I'll suggest a photographer or offer to do the re-shoot myself for my full rate.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow