Started Dec 1, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fox96
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Flash Diffuser
Dec 1, 2012

Hi. The other day I ordered and received a parcel of accessories for my Canon EOS 550D (Kiss X4). In it was a flash diffuser mount that slides into the hot shoe of my camera, and the diffuser clips onto it. The only problem with it is when I slide it in all the way, the little sensor on the hot shoe gets depressed and the camera thinks that it has a proper flash on and it won't allow me to use the inbuilt flash from the camera. The only way that I can get the flash and the diffuser to work is if I only put the diffuser mount half way in, but then it tends to fall off every now and then. Is there a way where you can override this sensor, so that the diffuser sits all the way in the hot shoe and the flash of the camera still works?

Thankyou.

Fox96's gear list:Fox96's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +2 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow