Can I set up my "new " Olympus OM5 to show taken image on LCD screen?

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Questions thread
Bryan Biggers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517Gear list
Like?
Re: Can I set up my "new " Olympus OM5 to show taken image on LCD screen?
In reply to Weegee, Dec 1, 2012

Weegee wrote:

I went to the spanner/wrench as John suggested, found the "REC View" and adjusted it for 5 sec. The only problem is that I'm still seeing that damn menu board after taking a picture! I don't want to see the menu after taking a picture, all I want is to view what I just shot!!! The CD ( pg. 85 ) was no help either. Very frustrating. I even reset the camera to factory default and am now going to have to reset everything all over again. Any more ideas from anyone out there?

Not sure what you mean by the "menu board", but John Bean is right, you can have the picture play back for however many seconds after it is taken by setting the rec view time under the wrench menu. Maybe what you are referring to is that in  playback the  picture shows with whatever overlay information you have set for the play mode. Go into play mode on a picture, then press "info" to change the info shown during playback. You can control what views are shown deeper in the menus. Maybe you prefer the view with no overlay, for example. That is the view that will be used in the review mode after a picture is taken; it is just like you had pressed the play button.

Bryan Biggers's gear list:Bryan Biggers's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow