A99+CZ16-35MM f 2.8, 85MM stayed in the bag...

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sh_la_m
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
A99+CZ16-35MM f 2.8, 85MM stayed in the bag...
Nov 30, 2012

First outing with this combo today.  I enjoyed it so much that I never bothered changing lenses. I took the CZ85MM with me but it stayed in the bag.  I do think these two lenses are a great pair and to my eye they match each other in look better than the 24-70 matches either.  It has something to do with the 3D quality they both produce.

I think that f13 for these kind of shots is a nice spot.  These were taken on Roosevelt Island, between Manhattan and Queens.  I have lived in NYC for nearly 30 years and never been there before (sad comment!).  It was a very grey day, but made for interesting light.

I made some slight lens corrections manually in LR.  The level on the screen helps a lot with these kinds of shots.  When it tells you that you are level, then you can check to see if you are slightly forward or back on one side or the other (that is, not quite square to the lines in your composition). Then there is less need for those corrections.  Just getting the hang of using some of the new features I didn't have with the a900...

35MM, f13 developed in LR4

22MM, f13, developed in LR4

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow