crazybadger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,318Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D owners did you consider Sony SLT-A77
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Nov 30, 2012

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

crazybadger wrote:

the 40D and 50D did sports just fine before the arrival of the 7D

That was a different situation - there was nothing better available at the time so you arranged yourself with the mediocre capability of the focusing system. That changed dramatically with the 7D. I have been using the xxD up to and including the 50D and then switched to the 7D - today I wouldn't even consider buying the 60D if the budget allows for the 7D along some good lenses.

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

The person I replied to said that shooting kids running around required a 7D as the 60D wouldn't be able to do the job. Obviously the 7D is better for action if you are pushing the limits, I grab for my own 7D when I know I am going out to shoot BIF. But kids running around is not going to come close to pushing the limits of the 60D, it does just fine for most things, including a lot of BIF as did the 40 and 50D before it.  For many people the 60D is a perfectly good camera. Just because you can afford the more expensive tool doesn't mean you need it to achieve the same goals.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow