Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluevellet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,677Gear list
Like?
Torn between the Zuiko 45mm, 60mm and 75mm
Nov 30, 2012

Buying all of them is not an option. I don't have that much cash to burn and I feel these lenses and their uses overlap to some degree so it would be a bit of a waste of money anyway.

I really like the 45mm IQ, reasonable size and cheap enough to leave you with extra money, perhaps even for another lens! This lens is probably the safer bet, but I know I will always feel like I missed out by not going for its big brother the 75mm. Bokeh envy, I guess.

The 60mm is an interesting proposition. I really dig its macro abilities (if the 45mm was also macro, a bit like the classic Zuiko 50mm F2, it would have been killer) and I can foresee mid telefoto uses outdoors as well (see my take on the 75mm), but otherwise, I find this lens a bit slow for general indoor use. That's a big negative.

And then there's the 75mm. I've always lusted over the legendary Zuiko 150mm f2 and the 35-100 f2 as super portrait lenses but they've always been out of my price range. I consider the 75mm as the very next best thing in this respect and just about what I'd be willing to spend for a lens on m43. But it is still pricey, Lens is bright enough for indoor use, though 75mm doesn't make it the easiest lens to use. 75mm is a bit short for general outdoor purposes as i'm used to the 40-150 zoom, but it's probably more than enough for more discrete street photography.

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon D610 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow