Are my 7D, 60D and lenses safe to carry in Italy??

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,690Gear list
Like?
Re: YES my 7D, 60D and lenses were safe in Italy.
In reply to R1er, Nov 30, 2012

R1er wrote:

Limburger wrote:

Regarding the pics you must have had a good time in Italy enjoying la vita bella and photography.

In the big cities I noticed that the police is omnipresent in Italy to protect tourists. Tourism is a big industry in Italy so they don't want that given a bad reputation.

Have you been to la Galeria in Milan? It's supposed to be the first shoppingmall in the world. Marble floors and nowadays all the big names in fashion have their stores there.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Thanks, Mike. Yes, it was a great trip with much to photograph. As you mention, in Rome, Florence and Milan, we did see police quite frequently, just calmly watching what was going on. That may have been the reason I never sensed danger, even riding the crowded Metro with a camera around my neck (but always holding onto it, of course). Yes, we did see the Galleria in Milan. Spectacular stone, iron & glass structure, built in 1867, and some of its restaurants & stores have been open since then. It shares the main square with the Duomo.

-- hide signature --

Don

On that very square I had a beer

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow