Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Arash31
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Re: My AF Fine tune settings for all top Nikon lenses after calibration
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Nov 30, 2012

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Arash31 wrote:

After countless hours of testing with LensAlign II along with the software that recently goes along with it (which I must say makes life significantly easier) I found that pretty much all my lenses are front focusing quite a bit.

This either means Nikon did not do a good job, or LensAlign is not reliable, or you are not following LensAlign instructions to a good standard.

LensAlign falls short of Nikon's guidance for good results using AF, explained on page 100 of your D800 instructions, as it is a symmetrical type pattern. My money is on either the target or the way you are testing being the reason you now think you have front focus.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard I don't know why every time someone posts something about the need for auto fine tune u diss it!!! its a pretty clear and obvious issue and very much eye detectable. This is not about the software or the target... When the tool and the software says is front focusing I do see that it is front focusing. When u adjust it, it fixes it! I Waldo discussed it with nikon and they say that is why the feature is there. The issue I have is tha the range that falls within their accepted standard is just too large for high res cameras like the d80It's the pages u keep referencinot from the manual has nothing to do with this. The issue exists regardless of patterned object, tool etc u use.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow