Change mounts on Vivitar Series 1 lenses?

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dougc-3
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Change mounts on Vivitar Series 1 lenses?
Nov 30, 2012

I'm considering trying to put Nikon mounting flanges on a couple of Vivitar Series 1 lenses with Olympus OM mounts, a 90mm f/2.5 macro and a 28mm f/1.9 lens, for use on a Nikon D5000.

It seems that one could buy some kind of cheap old Series 1 for Nikon lens or tele-converter, etc, remove its mount, and swap it for the OM-mount on the desired OM lens.  This would assume that, for example, Series 1 90mm macro lenses for all cameras are identical except for their removable mounting flanges. It would be nice if I could get some kind of verification for that before I blow $50 or $60 or more on an old lens just to pirate it's mount.  Or maybe I could locate broken lenses for sale for parts.

Admittedly this is mostly just nostalgia for my glassy old friends from the 70's and 80s, since I already have the equivalent DX lenses for Nikon, the 85mm Micro Nikkor and the 18-55mm and 55-200 kit lenses.  Of course the Vivitar lenses are faster but lack vibration control.  Alternatively I could get an old OM digital camera to use with the lenses as they are, but that would be even more wasteful redundancy

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow