Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philm5d
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
ProShow director for client slideshows
Nov 30, 2012

I bought proshow producer to illustrate my work as a portrait photographer. I sell my work via a digital projector. I saw a demo of PSD on a tv from dvd and was impressed at the time. I love the ease of operating via the wizard along with the great movement effects and transitions. I create an Executable file of the slideshow.

However there is a  lack of smoothness of the transitions when playing via a laptop and projector but worse still images appear to be "soft" even out of focus, certainly not sharp. They even look off-focus on the laptop screen so it's no wonder they look terrible when projected 6 feet wide. Tonight I previewed the slideshow prior to the clients arriving. It was so bad I downloaded PicturestoExe and hurriedly re-made the show.

The result a perfectly sharp presentation with smooth transitions without any faffing about with "settings" - Yes I have been in and tried many of the PSD exe  settings without any joy at all. Picturestoexe isn't nearly as sophisticated but it's the quality that counts

. I should add that dvds burnt in PSD and shown on tv are more than acceptable especially when upscaled via the dvd player but I don't want to burn dvds all the time for portrait selling.

Can anyone recommend any other slideshow program that gives decent results when projected?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow