Regular MemberPosts: 353Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2M review via photos
In reply to theguyny, Nov 30, 2012

theguyny wrote:

Mike Arledge wrote:

theguyny wrote:

Mike Arledge wrote:

Nice images, I do wonder though, how much is what the camera can do, how much is your skill in post? Either way, exceptional work, thank you for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Creyr Glas Lightworks

Thanks!

Pics 1, 4, 7, 9 and 11 just did about 30 seconds - 2 minutes of editing on. Other ones I spent more time with. The files hold up very well with photoshop, no sharpening is needed either.

How much time was spent working with the colors then? That is my main point of interest. can you post any of the original files?

-- hide signature --

Creyr Glas Lightworks

Honestly, I didn't touch the color for 1, 4, 7, 9, and 11. For the most part I only adjusted lighting and smoothed the skin out a little. The picture with the island of trees I only dimmed the sky a little and cropped it in. The one pictured on this forum I actually took the saturation to -1 on the sigma program, + 1 for contrast, lightened with fill light, lowered highlights. Then on photoshop I added a nd filter for the sky and adjusted lighting a little more.

groovy, i actually played with one of these in store today because the Sigma Rep brought them in, better than I expected, will be looking into it shortly!

-- hide signature --

Creyr Glas Lightworks

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 70D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow