Our within warranty-related experiences

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
Wishing for a good lens...
In reply to schaki, Nov 30, 2012

So, the GRD have come back from the service. "We have completed the repair and the following repair actions carried out: * firmware updated * Cleaned"

I don't know for sure menas that it is a new lens but it is definitely soft as before in the corners and towards the edges as well. Not sure however I would bother myself with a last attempt at it or not..

And it almost makes me regret that I actually just paid one or two days ago for a new lens assembly for the 500SE which I decided that would renovate. Now with previous experiences I know that Convar QC simply somehow fails, too often and that there probably is a very small chance of getting it replaced for a goo lensunit. I've tried that before with the 400G. At least the GX100 came out well but still with a wrongly glued front ring at the factory which I had to correct it myself.

I can't believe that the Convar service let that slip out of the service senter. Them should have sent that lensunit back to the Chinese factory asap and demanded a replacement. Noone should have to take BS like that.

From my usual simple walltest below. It works quite well to disclosure however a lens is good or not from my experience. This way I don't need to bother myself to use potentially bad gear to take pictures only to since realise that it was not as good as it should be.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow