E-M5 Shoots Bald Eagles

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
rmaynard
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Re: E-M5 Shoots Bald Eagles wow... nice going
In reply to daddyo, Nov 30, 2012

daddyo wrote:

Ever since I got my E-M5 I have been wanting to go photograph the winter bald eagles nesting outside of Llano, Texas. Yesterday morning I got up a couple hours before sunrise and made the two hour drive to be there just after sunrise. The two eagles are currently taking turns sitting on the eggs, and their eaglets should hatch in about a month. I fully plan to return early in the spring to photograph the eaglets as they are preparing to make their first flight.

I took my E-M5 and my Oly 75-300mm, and my 4/3's EC-14 Teleconverter and 50-500mm Sigma. I can get incredible reach with the Sigma and 1.4 TC, but I have to say that the Oly 75-300mm simply out performs it in terms of image clarity, contrast, and of course AF.

Anyway, below are a few shots I got with both set ups. These have been cropped a small amount, but not much. I did use the E-M5 Digital Teleconverter on these, as the eagle nest is about 75-80 yards away from the viewing area.

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

Shot with the DTC 'ON' using the Sigma 50-500mm/EC-14 combo - a 1772mm equivalent field of view (35mm).

Shot with the DTC 'ON' using the Sigma 50-500mm/EC-14 combo - a 1292mm equivalent field of view (35mm).

Shot with the DTC 'ON' using the Oly 75-300 at full zoom - a 1200mm equivalent field of view (35mm).

Shot with the DTC 'ON' using the Oly 75-300mm at full zoom.

Shot with the DTC 'ON' using the Oly 75-300mm at full zoom.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow