3 underated lenses = very nice kit, what do you think?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ajendus
Forum MemberPosts: 88Gear list
Like?
Re: 3 underated lenses = very nice kit, what do you think?
In reply to JMaldonado01, Nov 30, 2012

JMaldonado01 wrote:

I'm in the process of building the "Underrated Kit". I currently own the 40-150 Olympus and planning on adding the Lumix 14 + the 30 Sigma, all of these 3 lenses a bit underated but really very good. These lenses plus my EP L2 and VF3 are going to be my light and travel kit and obviously unexpensive, wich is one important factor for me at the moment.

e

-- hide signature --

JMG

I have the Panasonic 14 and the Sigma 30 on my E-M5. While the 14 is a little high in distortion, it is sharp and I enjoy the 28mm equiv. focal length; although I plan on getting the Olympus 12mm. The Sigma was more of a fun find. I didn't even know Sigma made m43 lenses but for $200 (150 right now on B&H) I felt I couldn't go wrong. It isn't the fastest lens (2.8) and a little bulky relative to the 14 but it is sharp and an interesting focal length. It appear, unexpectedly, to be at its sharps wide open. If you want a good lens without spending lots of money, I can't say that the Sigma 30mm is a bad choice. It is a surprisingly good little lens.

-- hide signature --

-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow