Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
InspectorHud
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
The State of Tethered Shooting Has Never Been Worse
Nov 30, 2012

Shooting tethered with Live View in the studio is made to order and my clients love it and expect it however it is currently almost impossible.

My D800 is severely crippled in Camera Control Pro 2 because it only displays Live View at the set aperture and shutter speed which means that I'm constantly changing the shutter speed to see it on the screen and then going back to fastest sync to expose for strobe.  In other words, f11 at 200th sec. works for strobe, but gives me a totally black Live View.  There is a checkbox that reads "Preview Exposure" that does nothing either checked or unchecked.  The new "improved" version can be tricked to work, but it is painfully slow and cumbersome.

Sofortbild had an update a while back to work with the D800/E, but it broken too and will not connect to the latest Nikons.  They say it cannot be fixed until they can get some code from Nikon..

Does anyone know of a plan "C" for Mac?  Live View a must.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow