How to extend battery life in cold weather

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Glenn
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,838
Like?
Re: How to extend battery life in cold weather
In reply to imarollingstone, Nov 30, 2012

imarollingstone wrote:

I was thinking about rubber banding the hand warmers that you use in gloves to the camera to try and keep it warmer. Does anyone have other suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Shawn

I did precicely that for my A700. I was doing a christmas parade  in a -20c snow storm at night (just say no folks) I had 2 of these units that you light and it smolders a little bar of carbon. one was on the bottom of the camera and the other was attached with bands to my flash. I had the flash on it's foot on the end of my mono pod so I could direct it where I want and it would bounce off the falling snow back into the lens. this worked well for about the 3 hours I was out there.  spares I keep inside my coat and went though one set for the flash. the camera was ok..  watch for condensation and melting snow. I put the heater inside mittens. If I have to do this again I might get some socks and make proper pouches for them so I can slide them on like ... well socks and hold the things together that way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow