What did you learn from your 365 commitment? Tips Appreciated.

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Questions thread
wellshorton
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Re: What did you learn from your 365 commitment? Tips Appreciated.
In reply to bedhead, Nov 30, 2012

What did I learn?  My photograph emotions fluctuate.  In the two years my photo a day shots have all been outside with the exception of maybe three or four shots.  The weather does not always cooperate yet there is always something to photograph.  I just need to "see" better.

Initially I needed to find a photograph that would please my photographic followers.  I struggled with capturing a photo what was not embarrassing to share.  Now I realize I am not doing this for anybody but myself.  My photographic drive needs to come from within and not be externally driven.

There are no official rules in a photo a day project so I suggest you develop your own internal rules.  For example, I need to capture a new photograph everyday.  I try to load it on the day taken, but sometimes due to trips, business, family, and other constraints I cannot always upload it on that day.  For example, I will take a photo today and most likely get it uploaded and shared today, but if I don't have access to a computer until tomorrow I will upload both today's shot and tomorrow's when I can.  I still have taken a new shot everyday.

I've learned so much about photography along with my internal being with the project!  As for guidance, do not lose sight that the commitment is for you and not for anybody else!

Wells

-- hide signature --

wells-horton.smugmug.com
Wells

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow