Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finemom
Contributing MemberPosts: 505
Like?
GH2 and 3 owner has question for other GH2 and 3 owners
Nov 30, 2012

I'm sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.  When I set my cameras to A mode, auto ISO, shoot without lens and have the lens caps on, I'm getting different results.  GH2 says 8" ISO 400 and GH3 says 1" ISO 3200.  I don't have ISO limit set on either camera, although I can't actually find the setting on the GH3.  My question is this:  does this mean the GH3 will always pick a higher ISO and faster shutter than the GH2 in A mode?  Or possibly there's a setting I'm missing?  I also tried it out with a 2.8 lens taking a photo and the GH3 picked ISO 3200 to the GH2's 400 if I remember correctly.

For anyone interested, the camera is heavier, sturdier, and bigger than the GH2.  Not a plus for me, but it has features I  like, so my dilemma might be to wonder if the G7 will be smaller and have the same additional features for stills.

Canon PowerShot G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow