where are all the hard storage cases listed?

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Finch585
Contributing MemberPosts: 509Gear list
Like?
Re: where are all the hard storage cases listed?
In reply to joejack951, Nov 30, 2012

joejack951 wrote:

Finch585 wrote:

joejack951 wrote:

I received a soft case for the 17-55, 105VR, and 35/1.4G. I have a hard case for a 28-70 that would probably be a good fit for the 17-55 but I haven't tried it out.

I'd appreciate it very much if you would please test it out and then let me know and the "CL" number on the case if it fits the 17-55mm.

Just tried the 17-55 in the CL-74 case. As expected, it's a little loose. There's a tiny amount of side to side play due to the smaller lens hood and some significant axial movement due to the shorter overall length. The side to side play is likely no issue and the axial play can easily be dealt with by adding some extra foam in the bottom. The foam inserts are easily removeable so you could put a piece underneath the factory inserts and it would look like a tailor-made case for the 17-55.

Thank you JJ951 for your effort and time testing it out and to everyone else who helped with tips and info.

-- hide signature --
 Finch585's gear list:Finch585's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow