Best MILC for Shooting Figure Skating?

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Questions thread
MicheleR
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: Wow.
In reply to tedandtricia, Nov 30, 2012

Another thought to expand on your points:

My daughter mows the lawn, dusts the furniture, cleans some of the bathrooms, brushes the dogs teeth, bathes and trims the dog, helps paint, and dog sits for neighbors...all without being paid. Our philosophy is "you shouldn't be paid for helping people". None of her friends would even think of doing any one of those things without being paid.

She gets straight As and does not get compensated for that - even though most of her friends do.

She understands commitment and hard work and responsibility. She has been skating 4 to 5 days per week for 12 years. She has passed over 30 skating tests in that time, and she is working on 2 more currently.

She goes to school for half a day, then skates, then comes home and logs onto her cyber school classes. She's 3 months ahead of the school year in her cyber classes.

She spent a year making bracelets by hand to sell at a fundraiser. She also donated all the materials. She never asked for a penny; not even a partial reimbursement for the materials. Everyone else, without exception, asked to be reimbursed.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist. My daughter gets it - she understands the value of money.

So, yes, this is quite a splurge, but, IMO she is more than deserving of it.

I do like, and agree, with your suggestions. I also employ them on a regular basis. I also like your idea of having her do her own research. I will do that; just not for something she is receiving as a gift.

Thank You

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow