Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)
In reply to Pearlie, Nov 30, 2012

Pearlie wrote:

I do value you coming to me for equipment, but you have to give the whole story. your camera broke during the aftermath of Hurrican Sandy, and on a weekend, you were on on an island when it broke, Mack warranty is based in NJ, they were shut down because of Hurricane Sandy and they were trying to get up and running they were not up to full capacity. They had your camera, when you sent it in,but it was listed under a different email, but it was found, they have to follow protocol, They have to have a Tech to say "yeah its not worth fixing"I was poking around my emails on the weekend from home when I saw what happened,and I will do what ever I can on my end to speed it up and as soon as I found out that next day back to work, I was on the phone talking with Mack warranty. and I asked all the questions.Yeah I saw it was toast. If I could turn around and hand you a new one I would. If its not worth fixing it will be taken care of.. I still stand behind Mack Camera. This was not a normal event. All my customers are imporant to me. It is being taken care of. I am checking this every day.

Yes you are, and I really appreciate your help. I did mention Sandy. I just feel that the process at Mack is pretty lax, and while they do have the storm and holidays to contend with, the instructions I was given were followed to a tee and when I called five days later, I was told my UPS tracking # didn't exist. My point is that kind of dialogue/exchange might not be what people want, when inĀ  a pinch.

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow