Started Nov 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay Reeves
Contributing MemberPosts: 635
Like?
S110 questions
Nov 30, 2012

I am (most likely) going to buy a white S110 for my wife. She used my S95 and was very impressed by the image quality compared to her good old Fuji F10.  Since she will be shooting in jpeg this might be a bit of overkill, but the functionality of this camera is very appealing.

Anyway the questions - how does the white finish hold up?  Is it easy to clean and does it resist scratches well?

Batteries - Are the NB-6L batteries that the S95 uses compatible with the S110 which has NB-5L batteries?

Touchscreen - is it usefull?  I found some comments about focusing with the touchscreen, but can't get my around how it might work in real life.  I am assuming one can half press the shutter and recompose?  Another thing is being able to set the camera to spot meter, half press and recompose is useful - assuming this camera will do that?

Does the flash have the same useability as the S95?  With the 95 I can quickly adjust the flash compensation with the lens ring after pressing the flash on.  I really like the flash on the S95 - easy peasy; wish I could say that about the flash on my DSLR.

I am not a regular reader of this forum so I did scroll through the last six pages and did some searches, but these questions remain.

Appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Jay

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow