OM-D with Pentax-A 50mm f1.7

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Re: OM-D with Pentax-A 50mm f1.7
In reply to Algreen345, Nov 30, 2012

Algreen345 wrote:

I began photography 30 years ago in High School with a Pentax ME Super. I used the camera in college and then packed it in a box where its sat since. When I transitioned from a Canon 60D to the Olympus OM-D I started collecting light little MFT lenses. Along the way I discovered many MFT owners resurrecting legacy lenses and decided to give my Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 a whirl.

I had no idea what to expect. I have the Panasonic 20mm, which is so sharp, and I picked up a Sigma 30mm during the fire sale last week. But a 30 year old lens? How could that possible compete?

Well, this lens is a marvel. Not super sharp for landscapes, but for portraits its just stunning. Bokeh could be better looking, but wide open this lens is sharp and has great color and contrast.

And its no problem to manual focus. It actually forces you to think and compose, which is a good thing with a camera that shoots all to fast and easy.

Have a look at the first shot out of the camera.

I too am finding the OMD with old mf prime glass a joy to use.  It just seems more like the real art of taking a picture instead of pointing and shooting.

I remember the Pentax ME Super.  I think the advertising always called it the "camera that goes beep beep"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow