Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hilmer
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Working with the Canon EOS 1DX alongside with the Nikon D4
Nov 30, 2012

For these of you that may find it useful or interesting I have just bought a Canon EOS 1DX which I now use alongside with my Nikon D4.

I appreciate when other photographers' share their experiences so even though I find it very boring to write about equipment I decided to share some thoughts.

I have been using Nikon for the last 8 years and I have been very satisfied with the system. Unfortunately I have had some issues with the Autofocus and that is why I will now work with the two systems to see which one is best for my needs.

3 days ago I visited the Canon headquarter in Denmark to pick up my new EOS 1DX together with a 70-300mm 4-5,6 L. 
For my latest trip to Dovrefjell in Norway see: http://mortenhilmer.com/2012/nature-photography/the-musk-oxen-of-dovre/ Canon borrowed me a similar kit and the new 600mm f/4 and after going through several thousand images I can say that so far I am very pleased with the results. 
I am really amazed by the low weight and the sharpness of this 600mm. For the last few years I haven't used my tripod a lot because I prioritize to travel light and to be mobile. With this 600mm I was able to shoot handheld without to many "hand aches":)

I am now located at Thule in Northwest Greenland and I am really looking forward to use the camera in these extreme temperatures to see how the new lady in the house will handle the demanding situations.
On my blog I will share a few experiences and thoughts about the two cameras. For now I have just made an introduction. 
http://mortenhilmer.com/2012/photo-gear/working-with-the-nikon-d4-and-the-canon-eos-1dx/
All the bestMorten Hilmerwww.mortenhilmer.com
Canon EF 600mm f/4.0L IS II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow