Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hilmer
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Working with the Canon EOS 1DX alongside with the Nikon D4
Nov 30, 2012

For these of you that may find it useful or interesting I have just bought a Canon EOS 1DX which I now use alongside with my Nikon D4.

I appreciate when other photographers' share their experiences so even though I find it very boring to write about equipment I decided to share some thoughts.

I have been using Nikon for the last 8 years and I have been very satisfied with the system. Unfortunately I have had some issues with the Autofocus and that is why I will now work with the two systems to see which one is best for my needs.

3 days ago I visited the Canon headquarter in Denmark to pick up my new EOS 1DX together with a 70-300mm 4-5,6 L. 
For my latest trip to Dovrefjell in Norway see: http://mortenhilmer.com/2012/nature-photography/the-musk-oxen-of-dovre/ Canon borrowed me a similar kit and the new 600mm f/4 and after going through several thousand images I can say that so far I am very pleased with the results. 
I am really amazed by the low weight and the sharpness of this 600mm. For the last few years I haven't used my tripod a lot because I prioritize to travel light and to be mobile. With this 600mm I was able to shoot handheld without to many "hand aches":)

Canon EF 600mm f/4.0L IS II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow