Started Nov 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flint-hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,215
Like?
Domke F8 - Nice bag for an NEX-5N kit
Nov 30, 2012

I have four Domke bags that I use for variously sized kits. I've been using them since 1990 and don't use anything else. My old Domkes are pretty frayed-looking, but they're nowhere close to wearing out. I have no affiliation with Domke except as a customer

The Domke F8 makes a nice, compact bag for an NEX-5N + EVF kit with two extra lenses and a few other things. It's my standard NEX shooting and travel bag.

The F8 is an old-school Domke: Very thin padding, a spring-clip closure that's quiet yet secure, a top that folds flat against the bag so that you have a wide-open bag when you're shooting. Roomy, velcro-secured side pockets. I have the water-resistant Rugged Wear waxed cotton model, which I can recommend.

Unlike the F5X bags, the F8 doesn't have a zipper closure, a anti-feature that I regard positively. I have an F5XA which is a good size for an NEX with a single lens, but the zipper closure makes it difficult to get the camera in and out quickly. It doesn't get much use. I think it would be fine if I cut the zipper off of it. :).

Everything shown below fits without need for cramming things together: NEX-5N w/SEL 18-55 kit lens and EVF mounted. SEL 16/2.8 and 55-210 on back-to-back lens caps. Two batteries. IR remote. DCR-250 diopter and step-up ring in Altoids tin. Smartphone. There's not room for another lens, but there's plenty of spare room for things like filters, adapters, lens cleaning kit and the like.

Domke F8 bag contents

Here's a top view of the loaded bag.

Domke F8 bag with NEX-5N kit

And here's the closed bag:

Domke F8 bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flint-hill

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow