Tell me your process from RAW to JPEG

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
RuJapan
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: Tell me your process from RAW to JPEG
In reply to Squancho, Nov 30, 2012

I was a long time PC user, and had a very comfortable workflow with Adobe LR and Photoshop, and a lot of storage to save versions. I swapped to Mac a few years back, and at the same time my shooting needs changed.

Now I use Aperture / iPhoto to manage my photos.

Basically, I import the RAW files to iPhoto, and do a quick full screen review to delete obvious throw aways. Similar to one of the other posters, I also 5 star rate definite keepers.

I then open Aperture and do any RAW tweaks that I need (I find Apertures default settings pretty pleasing - although quite refrained on the NR). I delete any additional ones that I have decided not to keep after that.

I am limited for space (small SSD hard disk) and not to precious about keeping the original RAW, so at that point I export full quality JPG, re-import to iphoto, and delete the original RAW files. I then do any PP that I need (I do it in this order so I can maintain the unedited JPG as iphoto does automatically). I usually do any uploading from within iphoto/aperture which I believe is at full size.

Does anyone else have a canon RAW & mac workflow to share?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow