24-105l lense on 7d

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,685Gear list
Like?
Re: 24-105l lense on 7d
In reply to paulj623, Nov 30, 2012

paulj623 wrote:

Hello. I have read different reviews about the 24-105l lenses on the 7d. Some say it is great others say it is not for a camera like the 7d but for full frame. my current all purpose lense is the 15-85. given some of the reviews of how much better the L lenses are I thought I would ask here if it would be worth the money.

Some say it is great and others for FF only. You may as well ask about using UV filters. There was a very long thread about this subject about 6 to 8 months ago which turned out to be very insulting and heavily opinionated.

Use what you like and what works for you. I had that lens for 6 years and it did a great job. Used it on a crop for at least the first 3. I liked it much better on my crop because it cut out the outer areas. The 24-105 is a wonderful lens but if like distortion and CA put it on a FF at 24MM.

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow