57even
Senior MemberPosts: 5,691Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujiguys Tweet - Raw Conversion 'Issue' - Jpegs
In reply to abelits, Nov 29, 2012

abelits wrote:

57even wrote:

Shawn67 wrote:

"They never supported other odd Fuji sensors very well either, or Foveon. This would not bother me so much if LR allowed better integration with external RAW programs and automatically imported the output TIFF."

Have you seen how Photo Ninja does this? Basically you import everything into LR, then if you want to process a raw file with photo ninja you use the edit in function and have LR create a TIFF. Photo Ninja uses the tiff name to find the raw file and then opens that up. After you edit in Photo Ninja when you render the file it renders it to the original tiff file name so that when you go back into LR you see the Photo Ninja version of the tiff created from the original raw file. It works well for single files but can't handle batches. (yet?)

Shawn

Interesting - wish Silkypix could do that

Actually it can! If you copy RAW files to the same file names as TIFF files should be, except with .RAF suffix, you can either manually feed the directory of them to Silkypix, or list all of them on the command line, select conversion parameters for each of them, and start a batch job. At the end, you will get TIFF files with the same names (and .tif suffix). It should be possible to make a wrapper that automatically renames files and restarts LR. You still have to give Silkypix the conversion parameters, so I don't know how much benefit it's going to produce, but it can be done.

Would be a lot easier if LR allowed you to use another RAW converter by default and import the TIFF automatically.

Considering buying SPpro5 (used to have 4 and the output was very good but it had serious compatibility issues with my PC).

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow