On my second D600: Broken diopter adjustment

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baudesign
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: On my second D600: Broken diopter adjustment
In reply to Baudesign, Nov 29, 2012

Baudesign wrote:

I sent a ticket/question to Nikon Canada. Waiting for the answer. Will update when I receive it.

Well, here is the answer i got from Nikon:

=====

Merci d'avoir contacté Support Technique Nikon,
Concernant votre question, essayez une autre de nos caméras pour voir si l'ajustement de dioptrie vous conviens.
Si le problème persist appelez-nous au numéros ci-dessous.
1-877-534-9910
Merci;
Équipe Nikon

...which basically means:

Thanks for contacting us. About your question, try another of our cameras to see if the diopter whatchamacallit suit your needs.

If the problem persists, call us...

=====

...will do.

The technician at Vistek where i bought the camera (great service by the way) told me: "I will test the replacement unit in order to ensure you do not experience this issue again."

That is a very good idea. It seems that this problem is not unique. They had 4 returns concerning this problem. I strongly suggest that you either go directly to your camera store and test on site your camera, or, like my Vistek rep., if you buy online, to test the unit before shipping.

Will let you know what the outcome of the story will be, but one thing is sure, if I cannot see what I photograph, if I cannot read the info in the viewfinder, there is no way I am going to keep such a defective camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow