Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,470Gear list
Like?
Never satisfied
Nov 29, 2012

I've had my X-E1 Kit for a week or so now with the 18-55, and I love it. It goes well with the X Pro 1 wit 12mm Voigtlander and my X100, but the newness has worn off and I find that even though I am pleased with the 18-55 and 12mm as a stop gap, I am just not going to be satisfied until I can have the 55-20, 10-24, 56, and 23. As much as I love my current lenses, they are temporary for me.

If all the upcoming Fuji lenses continue to be this high quality, I will be selling the 18-55 as soon as the 55-200 is here, which will pretty much stay on my X-E1 all the time. Although I love the Voigtlander 12mm, I will likely let it go also when the 10-24 gets here, which will pretty much stay on my X Pro 1 all the time. The 56 will just be a must have, but is likely to be used only when that large aperture is really necessary. Looking forward to the 23, although I am not as anxious because I have the X100 and will never sell it no matter what.

End the suffering Fuji, and just release these lenses! I'm just kidding, really, I know they need their time to perfect and work out as much as they can, but I am just impatient and venting.

I really think the system will be incredible for me though when these are all out. It will be interesting to see what they do after these. Any ideas out there lens wise?

I, for one, would love to see a new full featured flash with full swivel/rotate like the EF-42, better manual controls like the EF-X20, and HSS/FP mode.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow