16-50 versus my Pany LX5: results

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,434Gear list
In reply to ennemkay, Nov 29, 2012

I did the testing without any preconceived notion of which would be better.  I just knew that the LX5 was "good enough" 95% of the time.  The other 5% I wanted to be shooting with my OM-D for potential portfolio shots.  Anyway, my thinking was that if the 16-50 was sharper then the NEX6 with this new pancake zoom was a keeper.  And that was my conclusion both in the center and the edges at all focal lengths tested.  And I used the LX5 at F4 which is its sharpest sweet spot.

Peter F.

P.S.  Whether you will notice the difference at normal viewing distances from your monitor or print, that is another question.

-- hide signature --
 PeterNMIF's gear list:PeterNMIF's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow