Informal Bird-Photographic Comparisons: Canon SX50 vs Nikon D300

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Questions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Informal Bird-Photographic Comparisons: Canon SX50 vs Nikon D300
In reply to richbyoung, Nov 29, 2012

richbyoung wrote:

This is my first post, although I've been reading DPReview for years. I'm a retired photographer who only recently began bird photography with local birders. My quest has been to discover a practical camera to recommend to my birder friends with whom photography is only an adjunct, to enhance their hobby. Money is a big issue.

I have conducted a very informal comparison between my newly acquired Canon SX50, and my old bird photo standby, my Nikon D300.

For any interested, you can see what I'm talking about here: http://richbyoung.com/sx50.html
I hope I've stayed within the rules... again this is my first post

Rich

Outstanding work, Rich! I loved your comparison with the Nikon D300. But your SX50 shots out and about liike that are just incredible. I just got the camera myself, but have nothing to compare with what you have done. Again, well done and a warm welcome!  We are located to the south of you down in Eagle Mountain.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow