Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
meagre offerings
Senior MemberPosts: 3,577Gear list
Like?
expert help please!!!!
Nov 29, 2012

hi, i need good sound nikon camera advice please, what i dont really need is anyone telling me that i must move with the times and embrace change, i get that at every camera shop i go into!!!!

the background is as follows, up to about 25yrs ago i took photographs with film cameras as you would expect, mainly the nikon f. i did my own light readings, i focused the lens myself, i adjusted the exposure myself, i printed my own photographs etc etc. this all changed when i got married and i couldn afford to follow my hobby as i wished, so i sold my gear and carried on with married life.

now i feel like i want to pick up from where i left off and start wandering about with my camera agin. so about 18mts ago i got myself a lumix fz45. for what it is its probably a great little camera and if i was a computer wizz kid i could probably get the best out of it, but the sad truth is, it wont let me take the photographs i want to take. it does everything for me and i get zero satisfaction from using it and frankly, i cant stand the results it gives me. if i just wanted to take snapshots at family barbeques and such, i would no doubt be happy with this camera.

what i want is to buy a secondhand dslr that will take the place of my old nikon f`s. i want to use it in manual, i want to focus the lens, i want to work out my own exposures, im sure you get my drift. i have been sniffing round a couple of d200s, i like the reviews in so much as they are well built and seem to be long lasting, whatever i do end up with will see me through my remaining days/years.

can anyone reccommend a camera that will act in the way that i want it too please, plus i dont need it to take videos.

i do believe that i can use older lenses on a newer dslr camera but it might compromise the metering and the af, that wouldnt be a problem if its true, but i am not sure how one focus`s the lens, do you have to use the viewfinder or can you use the screen??

sorry for the long drone, but camera shop staff are totally useless and are about 19yrs old.

pc

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D90New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow