Thoughts on 7D replacement or 70D announcement at upcoming PMA/CES show?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,982Gear list
Like?
Not the same thing IMHO
In reply to tonyjr, Nov 29, 2012

tonyjr wrote:

I agree , but get on road and see how many people pass you when you are at speed limit .

Most people think hooray for me and to hell with everyone else .

I'm not sure that's at all a fair comparison, but I certainly will acknowledge that the behavior is far from rare (witness the post I was responding to).  Trouble is, it simply ruins it for everyone else as this abuse inevitably leads retailers to reduce their warranty coverage or at a minimum take some of the slack out of it.  The more people that do this, the quicker Costco will decide that there's no payback in offering such a generous policy and we all pay the price for that (whether we chose to abuse the warranty or not).

I frankly find such a lack of basic ethics to be a real shame and unfortunately all too common.  I guess I don't put this in the same category as traveling a few MPH/KPH over the speed limit.  But your last comment about many people being largely self-centered and not caring about the impact of such behavior is hard to dispute.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow