Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnK
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,425Gear list
Like?
Re: Taylor Swift NEX 5R Commercial
In reply to gladiolii, Nov 29, 2012

gladiolii wrote:

JohnK wrote:

"I'm Emily and Sony chose me from thousands of photographers to be Taylor Swift's ..."

Why should I care what "Emily" thinks about the NEX-5r, she doesn't even have a last name! Is she a photographer or does she just play one in a Sony commercial? Strikes me as somehow arrogant that Sony would put this out there and think nobody would notice or care. Why does this bother me so much?

For the record, she is a photographer, and one of the more talented ones I've had the chance to meet. I'm inclined to think she frequents these forums too and chooses to be amused rather than offended by such comments. So, I thought I would create an account just to set that one straight. Her last name is Tebbetts, Google her to see some of her beautiful work. I can see why people would think she's just a hired actress, as she is quite young, and pretty to boot. As for the face-to-camera shot, I can only assume that's force of habit for her, and Sony's error.

Good to know. My beef is not with her but with Sony that she can't have a last name in their commercial. I realize it's not a commercial about the photographer but it seems dehumanizing to not have a name.

-- hide signature --

JohnK
Take a picture, it'll last longer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow