About to buy camera for wife

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,473Gear list
Like?
Re: About to buy camera for wife
In reply to Nikeman123, Nov 29, 2012

Nikeman123 wrote:

I found another bundle without the bag or memory card. You guys already said the extra lens wasn't the best but I think for someone who has never had the option to choose a lens will like it. It's the

Nikon - 55-200mm Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens for Nikon DX SLR Cameras
Model: 55-200mm with VR • SKU: 8565368

Can someone tell me how big of a jump this is from the Nikon p90?

I have only used Canon, someone like our friend Bjorn who uses Nikon gear will give you the heads up on the lenses. As for the jump from the p90, if your wife has taken some good shots with the p90, does she know how she achieved those results, or was it a matter of putting the camera on Auto & snapping away? The thing about a DSLR is that it has modes other than Auto, & scene modes. Namely Aperture priority, where you set the aperture & the camera sets the shutter speed required. Shutter priority lets you set the shutter speed & the camera sets the aperture it thinks you need. Programme setts both aperture & shutter speed but you can shift the combination to produce an acceptable exposure. In all the above you have to set your own ISO setting. Then there is Manual, where all the settings are done by you. That's where the fun starts! If she understands these settings relate to each other, or if she is keen to learn, then I believe the choice of camera is, up to a point, not that important. They are all good enough.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow