Tired of cameras with mis-aligned lenses

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
LucaPCP
Contributing MemberPosts: 551Gear list
Like?
Re: Tired of cameras with mis-aligned lenses
In reply to Gary S, Nov 29, 2012

Thanks for the feedback... this is actually the reason I like to use my DSLR, even though in theory its sensor is not as capable as some of the most recent ones.  The lenses are great, and it's deterministic: every photo is either sharp, or it's operator error.  The camera is just not something I have to worry about.

With my compact cameras, the potential sharpness is great, but I always have to remember which side each one is a bit soft when shooting landscape... I can never trust the quality of the results.

The irony is that I would happily pay twice as much for a properly built and QC camera; I would much rather have one good camera than be in my current quest for a better one.  Cameras are incredibly cheap by any measure; I cannot believe that $300 can get an LX7.  Yet, I'd gladly pay more for more quality control.

I wish that Dpreview bought their cameras, selecting them at random... the images they have in the reviews are always unrealistically perfect compared to what I get from real cameras.

-- hide signature --

Luca

LucaPCP's gear list:LucaPCP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow