Curacao, Panama, Costa Rica, and Caribbean Sunset (imgs)

Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,889Gear list
Like?
Curacao, Panama, Costa Rica, and Caribbean Sunset (imgs)
Nov 29, 2012

Continuing my DSLR vacation photos from earlier in November, I'll move from Aruba where we left off to the neighboring Dutch island of Curacao...

Curacao's bayfront buildings in the morning (18-250 w/in-camera HDR used at +4 as I was shooting into the sunrise)...taken from a moving ship as we pulled in

This is the newer district of Willemstad, Curacao, called Otrabanda - still a few centuries old in places, but more modern in others

Willemstad's Queen Juliana bridge crossing Sint Anna Bay

Willemstad's same pretty bayfront later in the afternoon

The Queen Emma pontoon bridge has been operating for over 100 years, opening and moving aside to let ships through and giving pedestrians access to both sides of the city

Willemstad as seen from the sea, with another cruise ship docked as we pull out

A magnificent frigatebird cruising over the ship in the Panama Canal (Minolta 300mm F4 APO)

Lighthouse sticking out of the Panama rainforest, for the Canal

Closeup of Panama Canal's security and busy tug port (Minolta 300mm F4 APO)

Our ship at Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

On a small island called Uvita, just off the coast of Costa Rica, this abandoned building sits slowly rotting in the rainforest conditions - a once beautiful retreat from neighboring Puerto Limon

Headed home to Florida, the final night gave us the most spectacular sunset of the whole cruise - look at those crepuscular rays beaming down

As the sun came down under the main clouds, the fiery ball turned the horizon orange

Then as it descended towards the sea horizon, the radiating beams arched up into the clouds and the sky

That was my trip!  A lovely, peaceful getaway.  I have more shots from my other camera too, but those are for the other forum.  Hope you enjoyed some scenery from the trip - I probably did more walking, exploring, reading, relaxing, and eating on this trip than photography, but photography was still a big part of it, as it at least lets me look back and remember and relive the trip a bit when I'm homebound!

Comments, questions, critique welcome as always.

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow