Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reto
Regular MemberPosts: 407Gear list
Like?
E-PL5 first impressions and pictures
Nov 29, 2012

My E-PL5 has just arrived yesterday. I took it for a small spin and shot some pictures just to test IQ. Its IQ is awesome, and worlds apart from my GH1 which I loved for its handling. The E-PL5 is my walk around camera. For work I will wait until Olympus makes some sort of OM-D with a fully articulated LCD and a decent grip.
- The body is very small, cameras shouldn't get any smaller for average sized hands. Together with the 20 mm lens it makes for a very compact and pocketable camera though.
- AF on the E-PL5 is extremely fast, no wonder Olympus claims to have the fastest in the world. It's simply sensational. I've never worked with an AF system that fast.
- Another amazing fact is that it can shoot 8 frames a second. That's nothing short of amazing for such a little camera. But the best thing about it is, that you can customize it. Need only 5 frames/sec? Go to the menu and adjust it to your liking. Brillant!
- This camera has one of the most complex and customisable user interfaces I've ever come across. The best thing is the red/blue highlight and shadow warning. Now if I could only figure out how to show it when the picture is already taken. Does anyone know?
The pictures are rather boring, just something to show you. Unfortunately weather here is so bad that I will probably have to wait until I'm in Fuerteventura.

-- hide signature --

/Reto

Reto's gear list:Reto's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow