About to buy camera for wife

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,479Gear list
Like?
Re: About to buy camera for wife
In reply to Nikeman123, Nov 29, 2012

Nikeman123 wrote:

okay guys. I really want to surprise the wife with a camera and I know she won't buy a good one because she will feel guilty about the price. Anyway the D5100 keeps selling in all the bundles but for some reason its available in one bundle with a bag, extra lens, and a memory card for $786 after tax which is more than I wanted to spend but at best buy I get 18 months with no interest. Can anyone talk me out of it? Only thing I wish it had was the 24mp that the 3200 has but other than that I like the camera. I'm assuming this is a nice step up from the Nikon cool pix p90 that she has right?

Depends what lens it's bundled with. 18-55VR would be fine for starters, 75-300 not. As to whether it's the right camera, you will find out on Dec 25th when she opens it!! You are sure she wants a DSLR, right? If so then it's unlikely she will be dissapointed. Any DSLR you buy her will take some time with practice to get the hang of it. Most of your dlllema is down to your good lady's wants & your budget. If she gets the bug, the spending has only just begun!! More lenses for specific tasks, external / macro flash, GOOD tripod & monopod. Take it from me, it's well worth it. I never thought I would find a hobby to replace golf. My wife never had any interest in golf except to drive the cart when on holiday, but she has bought her own bridge camera & comes out with me & it's great. I very much hope you make your choice soon, & she is happy with it. I am 100% sure she will.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow