Started Nov 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 375Gear list
Like?
LX7 versus GF2,GF3,GF5 etc
Nov 29, 2012

Hi I am in the process of trying to decide between the LX7 and or GF Series.

I have previously owned a GF2 which was ok but with the 14-45mm lens lost its portability and wasnt that great in low light, indoors etc.

From my experience of using P&S cameras like the TZ30 etc their is a large gulf between the image quality these cameras produce compared to the Micro 4/3 but I am wondering how much of a gap there is between the LX series and Micro 4/3?

I have seen many great reviews for the LX7 with its fantastic f1.4 lens and I am wondering if you took say a portrait image, in good to moderate light how much dynamic range and depth would you lose by opting for the smaller sensored camera?

I know many people rave about the lens on the LX7 and LX5 for that matter but when it comes to IQ how much if anything is lost with these camera when compared to their larger sensored compatriots?

Ideally if anyone has any images taken with both LX and GF series camera side by side I would really grateful to see them.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow