Quick Newbie Help Please - Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gina
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
Re: Quick Newbie Help Please - Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
In reply to WilbaW, Nov 29, 2012

WilbaW wrote:

The 70-300L has ring USM, but AFAIK the economy 70-300 just has an otherwise conventional gear train with a US motor. It's a step up from a micromotor but not really different in operation. All lenses I've tested are capable of focussing much finer than you can tell, like better than a few % of the shallowest DOF.

I'm still unclear as if either would work better with the live view remote software/for m purposes (past the longer reach of the 300mm obviously).

No, remote control triggers the same internal processes as pressing a button on the camera, so you get what you get just the same.

Thanks, WilbaW. I was steered towards one of your photos for reference on lenses. You do great work. You answered my question well, and I may hail you for more questions soon. I have to go to bed and stop typing but I did have a question for you about one of your photos/lenses. I'll be back soon to ask you about it

Thanks again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow