7D 580ex trigger

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Questions thread
PJC Imagery
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Re: 7D 580ex trigger
In reply to SeedyBee, Nov 29, 2012

SeedyBee wrote:

PJC Imagery. Full dumps like this were common with the Pixel Kings, but stilll sometimes happen with the 622s.

A common cause is poor contact between the remote 622 and its flash. Especially when it is hand-held. It takes little for the rear pins to drop out of contact. Mke sure that the flash foot is pressed well forward - sometimes there is a slight extra click as the pins ride up into position.

I have observed a full dump sometimes when I have made a change other than by camera menu, and then pressed the shutter down without pausing after half-shutter. When the menus are used the 622s are in live update mode, and everything is correctly lined up before the shutter press.

Some other changes are not propagated until half-shutter. If the shutter is abruptly pressed, the system does not have time to update, and the Fire! signal takes precedence (the shutter is open). If the flash is not ready, iit will fire uncontrolled.

A quick half-shutter and release will make sure that all is ready.

Oh, and a bad battery, of course.

-- hide signature --

Clive

Thanks, I thought contact might have been the issue.  I'll have to test it again paying attention to how well they are seated both on the camera and on the flash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow