all the parts finally arrived :)

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
miked3
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Re: all the parts finally arrived :)
In reply to Puddleglum, Nov 29, 2012

Puddleglum got it right. I love the hawk adapter because it extends the focus range down to about 12". And the lens is incredible. This is my first interchangeable lens camera, and I had no idea what a difference lens could make. The sharpness and...I dont know, "quality" of the images I get vs. the 16mm Sony is incredible.

The manual lens is great on this camera. It allows manual shutter and aperture, but auto iso, a combination not possible with the Sony lenses. I actually find it much faster to adjust aperture using the ring on the lens than thru the menu with an auto lens.

I highly recommend the camera and other parts as well. Like others have said, the touch screen is not good. I've deactivated it. Other than that I find the control layout great and you can customize the fn button extensively.

I also like that it has in-camera charging, because you can still buy a wall charger for the battery (I already have), and have the convenience of charging from your laptop. When traveling, the fewer items to carry, the better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miked3/

Only the most recent 2 are with NEX, and both with the 16mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow