Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
Senior MemberPosts: 3,018Gear list
Like?
Re: re: too bad, although not really surprising
In reply to jpr2, Nov 29, 2012

jpr2 wrote:

verybiglebowski wrote:

I bought my lens today just to find significant magenta color cast in the corners on NEX 7. This is very unfortunate, as I haven't seen anything that significant in a yesterday tests.

what is surprising, though, that despite many pleas to shoot white walls wide open, you're actually the first one to publish it for the N7 + 10-18 combo :). Bad news, but many thanks for the help in avoiding a costly mistake !

jpr2

For me it is quite costly

I would like to repeat - my opinion should not be taken seriously by any mean. You can look at the pictures and make your own conclusion. Certainly, anyone who is considering this lens, should wait for the professional review.

Before picking-up my lens today, I made another two shots in another store, just to see if there is some significant de-centering problem.

On those shots, I still can't see that much of magenta cast (a bit is there, but nothing like the result on the white wall). Maybe it has something to do with a different lighting, background (but even on the white price tags, I can't see such a significant impact) or something else.
On another recent post however, magenta cast is very visible in a field samples, which is definitely not encouraging for NEX 7 users. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50371893

But here are those two images I mentioned above. Both at 10mm and f4, so the worst scenario...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow