ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lord Mox
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Full-frame question...What to buy?
Nov 29, 2012

Hi guys,

I am planning an upgrade to full frame. I am an amateur photographer for photography sake not intending to make money out it. So, currently I have a dx format (Nikon obviously). But I am planning an upgrade to a full frame mainly because I do like night photography a lot (night sky, stars, milky way, etc...).

The question is, for a budget of around $2000 (maximum). Am I better off buying a second hand like the Nikon d700, or Canon 5d mrk II (presumably in mint condition),,,Or the new systems the Nikon d600 or the Canon EOS 6D? and why? Is there an alternative that you could suggest (only sticking to Nikon or Canon, with all due respect to other brands)?

I have no intention to start a war between Nikon or Canon users. Just need a neutral opinion considering that I am mainly into night, travel and landscape photography and that I am not intending to be a professional who makes a living out of this. But I do want great quality, printable images for my own collection.

My current system will not be of an issue because I am intending to sell all I currently have to finance the move. So basically assume that I am starting from scratch.

Thank you all,

Chris

Lord Mox's gear list:Lord Mox's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow